Community Travel Worcestershire is a Consortium of local Community Transport providers.
Local community organisations help people to travel around the county with journeys in cars, MPVs and minibuses. Get out and about from your village or town with Community Travel Worcestershire.
CT Online has the following definition: “It is safe, accessible, cost-effective, flexible transport run by the community for the community. It mobilises and engages local communities, as it is provided by charities and voluntary organisations which are often very small and local… it harnesses the experience and energy of volunteers who give freely of their time to help others.”
Community Transport in Worcestershire
Community Transport provides a range of transport services to residents of Worcestershire to enable them to make essential journeys for health, social, leisure and other purposes.
There are 17 schemes throughout the county, the individual details of which can be found on this website.
The transport provided includes:
- Community buses – providing transport in accessible vehicles to the rural parts of the county. They are driven either by volunteers or paid staff and need to be pre-booked by the passenger. They operate on set days to a flexible timetable and can pick people up from a pre-agreed location. They usual travel to a town or city.
- Dial-a-Ride – a pre-booked, door-to-door service, usually operating in an urban area. Vehicles are fully accessible and can cater for passengers in wheelchairs. They operate from Monday to Friday to a variety of destinations and are usually for anyone who finds it difficult or impossible to use ordinary bus services.
- Community Car Scheme – a network of such schemes operate around the county providing transport in cars driven by volunteers. Journeys are usually local – to a doctor’s or hospital appointment or to the local shops, for example. Drivers pick-up passengers from their own homes. Transport must be booked in advance, preferably with several days’ notice.
- Local Bus Services – several Community Transport operators in Worcestershire run registered local bus services which run to a set timetable and stop at bus stops.
- Minibus Hire – Many of the minibuses run by schemes can be hired by local community groups for social, leisure and educational purposes.
For more information, use the search box above to find the scheme that covers the area in which you live. It will lead you to the page where you can find information on how to book, the services run by that scheme, contact details, eligibility and fares.
If you use a wheelchair, this will need to be clamped inside the vehicle. Please check with the relevant service provider before you travel that your wheelchair meets the required standard for clamping.